Assignment of a standard code to a natural language text. Through this service, the elements of your catalogs and local lists such as Laboratory Catalogues, Radiology Catalogues, Lists of Health Problems, among others, will be linked to the equivalent standard code of the corresponding terminology.
The standard terminologies and vocabularies available are:
- LOINC applicable to the domains of Laboratory, Radiology, Biometric and Clinical Variables
- ICD-10 for the identification of Diagnoses and Procedures involved in care episodes
- SNOMED CT aimed at identifying clinical concepts to their fullest extent
The usual operation consists of receiving a text file with the elements to be coded that we load into our platform where the algorithms of the coding engine will assign each element the equivalent standard code.
Study and solution of problems related to terminology.
Our experts will help you identify the best solutions at every stage of terminology adoption:
- Change management focused on the terminologies standardization.
- Terminology content and resources comparison
- Terminologies selection according to the expected use in each clinical domain/li>
- Criteria establishment for the governance and the terminologies editorial policy
Training of teams in several disciplines.
BITAC’s team of experts provides training courses in different areas:
- Standardization of clinical environments through terminologies.
- Governance and management of content and terminology resources.
- Adoption and use of LOINC in laboratory environments.
- Adoption and use of ICD-10 in care practice.
- Adoption and use of SNOMED CT in the clinical environment.